Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hong Kong is HOT

Flew into HK late Friday night (July 13)--the whole trip is about 22 hours door to door. On Saturday, "the 300" HK disciples who had been converted before 1992 hosted a "tea time" remembrance for me since this fall is the 20th anniversary of the founding of the HK church of Christ. You can imagine the emotion in that room. I adapted my teen Sunday sermon and spoke about HK heroes for tomorrow and what it will take to fulfill their new motto, "the best is yet to come"

Preached Sunday as well on "The Calling" and this went very well. The rest of the week has been appointments and time to think and write. My batteries are charged and I can't wait to return to Seattle! I hear we are on the verge of a wonderful building...

Thrilled too that Mark and Annie will soon be here: in addition to Ron and Linda, the Eastside deserves a 100% dedicated "E-side-only" Evangelist and wife--Lynne and I have loved the Eastside and felt it a privilege to serve, but recognize that we have been unable to provide that dedicated focus for Eastside only. Here, I have been recalibrating my weekly schedule to reflect a more congregational (and including South Sound) approach to strategy and appointments.

I recommend visiting Hong Kong and China, but NOT in the summer! HK is so hot and humid that you can stand outside, completely still, and be completely soaked in sweat in about 15 minutes. It's kind of a negative miracle. Some of you Miami types might love it.

See you all soon...

No comments: