Saturday, July 26, 2008

I see you

We had a tremendous Bible Talk last night at the Keysers' house--sitting room only! We had a rather open-ended discussion about Vacation, the Journey, and Heaven; yes, it was a challenging thing to pull together.

One insight from last night worth repeating for the day out of Heb 4:12ff--in the context of not wanting the Hebrew Christians to miss their chance at the ultimate Sabbath Rest (heaven), the writer dwells on the power of God's Word and how all is laid bare before God to whom we each must give account.

What's the link? I think this: God sees us as we really are: "I see you, Scott." His Word goes deep and exposes the Truth about us to....ourselves as we read it.

When we read God's Word, then, we see what He sees about us. And that helps us "make every effort" to enter the promised land.

"I see you, Scott. Do you see what I see?"

No comments: