Friday, June 8, 2007

9 days until my wedding

As I write this blog, my head is literally spinning from all the things surrounding my wedding on June 16th. For anyone who has already planned a wedding, I have nothing but respect and honor for what you did. I can’t wait to get married! Anyway, I started off the day writing the midweek lesson tonight for all the college students and Single professionals within the greater Tacoma area of the church. God has recently blessed our ministry with a lot of visitors lately and I thought it would be good for us to do a lesson on sacrifice in order to focus on what it was going to take from this group to grow for the future.

After finishing writing the lesson, I prayed and then went over to Tacoma Community College to read and share my faith. Although it was sunny, the weather outside was still a bit windy. Mostly all the people I met didn’t seem interested in coming out to Bibletalk except this one guy I met named Judd. It was interesting because after he initially informed me that he was already going to a church, he started to ask me about the structure of our group and wrote down my cell number on a church card that I gave him. I pray that he will be open to studying the bible and build a relationship with me.

After sharing for a while, I went to the library and finished reading a premarital counseling book that the evangelist of the South Sound Church of Christ, Daren Overstreet, suggested I read. After reading, I drove to Pacific Lutheran University (PLU) to share my faith with a girl in my campus ministry named Carla Gilmore. Carla just got baptized a few months ago and has already set the pace for faith in our group. Despite our fervor to share, by summer classes just starting a PLU (which already has a small number of students even during the school year not to mention even less during the summer), we were only able to meet two people on campus. However Carla and I both agreed that we would keep coming each week to share with anyone available on campus.

Next, I went back to my house, ate some lunch, and then had a counseling appointment with a single brother in the church. After the appointment, I talked to my roommate for a while, and then I met with my financee, Naomi Eberly, so that we could go over the details of our wedding/wedding reception coming up.

We finished all of our wedding planning just in time for midweek at 7:30pm. Everyone responded well to my lesson about sacrifice which of we all know (that being sacrifice) is not an easy thing to do. After fellowshipping for a while, I got a ride back to my house, started to revise the schedule for Teen Camp, and then talked to one of my best friend’s, Jafar Skinner, about married life before I started to write this blog. These 9 days cannot go fast enough! I hope to see you at my wedding…

-Marcus Wallace

No comments: