Tuesday, November 13, 2007

1st Cousin-in-Law, Once Removed, My Brother by Jay Kelly

On October 29th I received an amazing email...

"Hi Jay, my name is Ian Mohlie and I’m a disciple in the Richmond church. …and I think I’m your relative too! My grandmother is Pat Goodman (well, she was, until she became a Mohlie), and when I told her about the church she told me about you and carol. Does this ring a bell? Anyway, if so then we should talk!"

Ian and his roommate are coming out to visit for the weekend of Dec. 7-9. We can't wait to meet him. We've been praying for our relatives near and far. Carol's Mom and Dad told us that Ian might be in our church. He invited his Grandmother (Carol's Aunt Patty) to church and they immediately thought that we might be connected.

Ian and his campus group heard Alex Whitaker preach at the last campus conference and were very inspired.

What a great encouragement to find out that our prayers for family near and far had been answered years ago without us even knowing it. Ian and his mother are both disciples in the Richmond, Virginia Church.

No comments: