Thursday, April 19, 2007

Alex Whitaker - 3/16/2007

Morning: Some days just start off incredible. I don't know what it is about sunny days in Seattle, but they feel ten times better than anywhere else in the world. Ryan and I are doin a Bible study with Dave, a student from S.U. Dave's been studying the Bible with us for about a month now since Ashley Fontelerra met him and invited him to Church. All I can say about him is that he has one of the most humble and sincere hearts of anyone I've ever met. I am so surprised sometimes of how much work God has done on people's hearts before you meet them. It reminds me that God is always working and the Holy Spirit is working even when we aren't.

Staff meeting was great. We met at the Mercer Island Community Center and discussed the recent NW leadership conference and plans for our ministries. Honestly, I have a hard time sitting through meetings. As a staff officer in the Army I had to go to 3 staff meetings a week; however, our staff meetings are much better because you are with best friends and have one of the best leaders, Scott Green, directing the discussion. Staff was great. Afterwards, some of us met together for lunch to plan for the upcoming teen camp.

Evening: This was a light evening. Danielle had a Bible study at the house at 9pm, so I set up a meeting with our RSI visualization team. 4 students have volunteered to use their talents to put together inspirational videos for the church. They are very creative and artistic and came up with more ideas in 45 minutes than I could generate in a week. It reminded me about talents and gifts, we all have them, yet I don't know if we all use them to build up the Church. Sitting with the Viz team made me realize our Church is filled with talented people who may not know how to use their particular gifts for the Kingdom. Note to self: ask more people about their gifts and how they want to use them for God!

No comments: