Thursday, April 19, 2007

Alex Whitaker - 3/8/2007

One day more. What a morning. Two of the campus interns came by this morning for breakfast and help with planning the campus calendar. We all had breakfast together, then talked through the plans for the next few months. Thank goodness for Megan and Landon. They both work so hard for the Lord and don't ask or receive much credit. Danni came up with a great Devo plan for the spring, so I submitted to her ideas. Actually, it was really easy because her plan was alot better than mine. She and Megan came up with ideas that incorporated practical fellowship and lots of interaction. My plan was not quite as interactive.

This afternoon I had three Bible studies. One of them was really disappointing because the guy we studied with wanted to look deeper into the commentary than he did into the word of God. After about 45 min it became obvious his heart was closed to the Truth (for now). But what was more discouraging was I felt I could have done a better job listening to him. Well, none of us is perfect, and that's where God's grace steps in, especially for the disciples. We are never perfect when we study with people, and its important to realize we are not the reason someone becomes a Christian or doesn't; yet, we realize we can further extend God's grace. In that study, I don't know how much I extended grace, but I did point out truth and clarity in the scripture, and vague ambiguous duplicitous language in the commentary. Sometimes, people just don't respond.

One great study I had today was with a frat guy who was best friends with a brother in our ministry. This guy has such a kind and light hearted personality, I can see him making it. He had a great response to sin and we set up time on Staurday to study again.

Tonight our BT is meeting at Pie Cora's NYC style pizza. I can't wait. I love NY Pizza, not the fake stuff. NY Pizza has to be made by someone from NY (or at least a New Yorker needs to own it). If not, it's not NY pizza, it's pizza from wherever that person is from. For the record, Pie Cora's is owned by a a guy from NY, and the pizza shows it.

No comments: