Thursday, April 19, 2007

Darin Ford - 3/20/2007

Usually, my morning starts between 4:30am and 5am. I have my quiet time and then I go to the gym for an hour workout. Some days, I have my quiet time after I workout at Starbucks. I am back home by 7am in time to get my son ready for his day while my wife, At, gets our daughter ready. Then I am out again by 9am for class if I don’t have an appointment before that. (I am taking a class at Edmonds Community College to complete some classes I need in order to pursue a Masters in Music.) This hour long class usually starts at 10:30am. This week is a little different because I am off of school. It is Spring Break! I am glad to be off (at least from classes!) for two weeks
This morning started very much the same way. I was up at 4:30am, had my quiet time and then went to the gym. My time at the gym was encouraging. I ran into a "gym buddy" I have been reaching out to and after a brief discussion, he told me he had made the decision to start studying the bible. I am looking forward to our first study.
The rest of the day was spent tying up loose ends. I spent all morning at Harbor Pointe Middle School where the North meets for services once a month to clear out the storage room. They were making changes and needed us to pick up our items as soon as possible. I was home by 1:00pm for a quick lunch and then did some work on our upcoming Easter Service. At 3pm, I left for an appointment. That day At did some much needed work on our upcoming Singles Retreat. It was a day full of phone calls and research on the internet. By the end of the day, she found a great location for our retreat and has already started working on the contract with the facility. She wanted to get a head start on planning the retreat so that we could invite the Singles from other Northwest Churches and give them the time needed to make necessary arrangements to be there. We have had numerous phone calls from Singles letting us know they would love to be a part of our Singles Retreats here. After my appointment, it was back to the house where I took over being with the kids for an hour while At did a bible study with Shannon. She has been studying for a few weeks with At and the singles sisters. After her study, we put the kids to bed and had Bible Talk. Our Bible Talk is made up of the campus students and some singles in the North. (There is another singles bible talk in the North besides this one). It is a great group. After bible talk, we did some work on an article we are writing for the web page.

We are generally exhausted at the end of our days but it is a "good kind" of exhaustion. When you are meeting with people and studying the bible with friends, it is worth it and a blessing to be a part of impacting the lives of those around you.

No comments: