Thursday, April 19, 2007

Alex Whitaker - 3/3/2007

Morning: Today is supposed to be a day to rest and get organized. I find that when I spend some extra time planning and getting my personal life in order, I'm more productive and available throughout the week.

Noon: Danni and I took the family for a walk around Greenlake this afternoon. We prayed together like we haven't done for some time. I don't know what it is exactly, but I know I feel something trying to keep me from praying. Most of the time, Satan accuses me with the following lies: God doesn't hear you. You are a hyporcrite. You don't really love Him. So today, we fought through all that and prayed. It was a real prayer and moved me to tears. I prayed about my relationship with my father, my sins and burdens and the week to come. Afterwards, we got ice cream and headed home.

Evening: After dinner, we had a family devo on joy. Danni read Psalm 95 as our theme scripture. Afterwards, we sang and just played his new guitar (Thanks Grandma). Then the kids went to bed while Danni and I stayed up planning our week and making follow up calls. I worked on a dating article and we watched a show about a family with 16 kids. We were pretty inspired because the couples kids were so well behaved and everyone was so joyful. Their family reminded me of the scripture in Ephesians that says each part does it's work. Danni and I thought about God's plan for family. Are smaller families a social decision or a spiritual one? The parents looked happy, but very tired.

No comments: