Thursday, April 19, 2007

At Ford - 3/24/2007

One of our greatest desires is to have an impact in our neighborhood. When we moved into our neighborhood, we made it our goal to build friendships with all of our neighbors. Last summer, we had neighborhood parties together, fun summer activities with our kids and cul-de-sac barbeques. One of our neighbors just sold their house and moved to the Midwest and we had a going away dinner party for them.

This week, we invited our newest neighbors to dinner. We heard about their lives and we were excited to start building a friendship with them. I also had one of our neighbors over who is a new mom and we were able to share "new baby" stories. I have been meeting so many new moms that I am now inspired to start a "New Mom’s Group". This will be a great way for me to reach out to my new friends with the help of some of the stay-at-home moms in the North.
I just started teaching the Keys Class at the North Women’s midweek services. This week we did the study on Seeking God. As I prepared for the class, Darin and I were reminded of how God set the times and places for us so "perhaps" we will reach out for Him (Acts 17). Who is God putting in your path so He can use you to impact their life? Having this scripture on our hearts this week has really helped us be more aware of all those who are hurting around us.

No comments: