Thursday, April 19, 2007

Jay Kelly - 3/29/2007

High point/low point is a fun family tradition at our dinner table. Today had both highs and lows for sure. Breakfast with an old friend, Ron Schulz was full of great conversation and warmth. The Chelan Café is where we always meet to catch up. Didn’t have my usual Chelan Café French toast as I was going from a late breakfast to an early lunch with Marc Melino. Periodic lunches with Marc are always very encouraging. We have more in common than anyone would ever guess.

A few afternoon hours of office work followed by dinner with Carol and the girls. All four of us can enjoy dinners together more often now that the basketball season is over for Paige and Chandler. Love that they’re such gifted athletes, hate what eight practices and two games can do to our weekly schedule.

The low point of the day was a serious road rage incident on the way to mid-week. The downtown bicyclist seemed to come out of nowhere and did not accept my apology for not having seen him. I was consumed with anger, sinned in a variety of ways and it was very ugly. I pulled up to mid-week feeling totally defeated. I confessed to Charles Robison and Scott Lewis the embarrassing details before things got started and felt a little relief. I have imagined this guy coming to church as one of your visitors and walking out when he sees I’m the minister.

After mid-week Scott and Lisa Lewis and I met with all the Single Bible Talk Leaders for discipleship group over at the Lewis’ house. This was another high point. We talked about the future of our ministry and how to reach out effectively to all the singles around us every day. Ever since our two-night getaway with the Singles Leaders in Port Ludlow four months ago I feel so much closer to everyone in our group (See pics). We are an odd combination of souls from all over life’s map, but we’re forging a family, we love each other and we’re determined to save as many as possible.

No comments: