Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 29: A Month of Gratitude, "Rich Welcome"

by Jay Kelly

“Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” -2 Peter 1:10-11

What does it mean to receive a rich welcome? I love a good greeting when I’m awkwardly standing at someone’s door trying to figure out what it will be like to be at their place. Can you picture your self at the pearly gates? You’ve crossed over from this life to the next and may be feeling some things about the transition… and then you receive a RICH WELCOME into the eternal kingdom. That is guaranteed to be something special. You are totally at home, at peace, at rest once and for all eternity.

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.” -John 14:1-2

HOMEWORK: Design your custom dwelling place in heaven. God will want to spoil his kids. What would make it paradise for you? Be specific about the details. Give thanks for God’s awesome promise of eternal life.

Have fun growing in gratitude today. Hope this helps. See you tomorrow,
-Jay Kelly

No comments: