Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 4: A Month of Gratitude, "Sunday Worship"


Gratitude Blog for Sunday, October 4:
by Jay Kelly

Today is Day 4 of a month of gratitude!
Homework: Come to church and talk about the gifts you receive every Sunday from the body of Christ. Tell someone at church how you are changed every Sunday as a follower of Christ.

Our God is perfect in power, wisdom, kindness, love, all things…

He designed the practice of corporate worship because we need to be one body, one family to survive this spiritual battle and because he wants our love, respect and devotion. How are you healed, guided, challenged, inspired, reminded, called and filled by your time with the people of God? We are truly a remnant. What you may be tempted to take for granted is like a great gemstone you wear everyday set in a band of gold that is extremely rare to all around you, but common to you. Polish it today. Experience church worship, imperfect body parts and the joy of family in a fresh way with your new eyes of gratitude. Tell someone at church your favorite part of the worship service and why it meant a lot to you.

Have fun growing in gratitude today. Hope this helps; See you tomorrow.
Love you,
-Jay Kelly (and the Staff of the Seattle Church of Christ)

PS... it's 1:20AM and Carol and I just returned from an amazing auction event for our historic church building. I'll blog about it tomorrow. For now I'm just happy that I'd already written something for tonight to cut and paste so I can go to bed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jay,

I am taking a break at work and wanted to share with you my response to today's challenge. Since I have to be here, I decided to share with 5 co-workers what I am grateful for in them. This lead to one co-worker inquiring as to why I was doing this. I shared with her our month of gratitude and how it can increase our happiness I then challenged her to talk to 5 co-workers as I had done to see what kind of impact it might have.

I love your warm greetings every time I see you.

Jennifer Johnson said...

I missed a few of these posts over the past few days, so I'm catching up this morning. When I was at church on Sunday, I was super grateful for Gary setting up our Kids Kingdom class before everyone got there. It was all ready to go when we arrived, and we could focus on preparing the lesson. I am grateful for the workers in kids kingdom who give their whole hearts to the kids in the time we have together. I was also grateful that the church was so clean after the auction! I know that lots of people stayed up very late to make sure it was picked up, and I was truly amazed.